For more than half a century campers have been calling Woodland Park their second home. Situated on the shore of Lake Superior, the park is only three blocks from the main business area of Grand Marais; three blocks from the local marina; four blocks from sandy swimming beaches; a half mile from the best whitefish sport-fishing in the state of Michigan; adjacent to the Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore; and only steps from agate beaches that keep rock-hounds coming back year after year.
All sites with water and electric have 50 amp service and cable. Wi-Fi is available throughout the campground.
Facilities include two fully equipped bathhouses, laundry facilities, play areas for children, beach access from both ends of the park, gray water and sewage dump stations, and a drinking water fill station. Non-camper dump fee is $10.00.
Showers and laundry facilities are coin-operated and available to non-registered campers. Showers: $.50 Laundry: $3.00 (washer) $2.50 (dryer)
Adjacent to the park is the town’s recreation area, which includes tennis courts, a basketball court, a baseball/softball diamond, picnic area and tot lot, and horseshoe pits. Campers are encouraged to utilize these facilities.
We take pride in our town, and in our campground. We hope that your stay will be pleasant and that you will continue to return to Grand Marais to let our scenery, our spectacular sunrises and sunsets, and our relaxed pace refresh your mind and renew your spirit.
Woodland Park Campground
Doré Stevens, Manager
P.O. Box 430
Grand Marais, MI 49839
(906) 494-2613 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Park Phone (April – October): (906) 494-2613
Burt Township Office (all year): (906) 494-2381
Emergency: Dial 911
Alger County Sheriff: (906) 387-4444
1) Pick up a registration envelope, select a vacant site and set up camp. Make sure there is no tag on the post.
2) Return your registration with payment, to the park office during posted office hours or put in drop box.
3) To use the box, put the correct payment in the registration envelope, fill out the registration and put it in the slot. Make sure you fill in all the necessary information so your payment can be applied to your site.
4) Weekly and monthly rates must be paid in advance.
5) Woodland Park has a NO RESERVATION / NO REFUND policy.
6) Check-out time is 11:00AM. Please contact the park office if you wish to extend your stay on that site.
The campground is operated on a first-come, first served basis. We are unable to accept reservations.
You may wish to leave the park for the day or for several days to visit the other areas of interest. If you wish to keep the same campsite it must be paid for during those days. Please inform the park manager ahead of time so the site will not be rented to other campers. If your site is not paid for within 24 hours of your arrival, the site will be cleared of equipment, and camping privileges will be terminated.
|*NO REFUNDS, NO RESERVATIONS|
OPEN April 20th – October 15th
Before May 1st and after October 15th – Limited Cable and Electric