PLEASE NOTE—Photo ID is Required to Vote per State Law
AutoMark Equipment for voters with disabilities!
Call the Township Clerk at 906.494.2381 if you have any questions.
To register to vote in Michigan you must be:
- a U.S. citizen,
- at least 18 years of age by election day, and
- a resident of Michigan and the city or township where you are applying to register to vote
In Michigan, voter registration for all federal, state, and local elections is maintained by the local city or township clerk. Register to vote in person at the local clerk’s office, the Secretary of State, or many other federal, state and county offices OR by mail.
- The deadline to register to vote in any manner other than with the city or township clerk’s office is 15 days before the election.
- Voters may register up through the election day in-person in the city or township clerk’s office with proof of residency. The city or township clerk’s office will be open M-F 9AM-4PM to register voters and issue absent voter ballots.
- All registered voters may vote from home. To request an absent voter ballot to vote from home you may use this application, or you may send a signed request in writing to the clerk’s office.
Have any questions call the Burt Township Office at 906-494-2381.
Federal Motor/Voter Law:
The address on your drivers license or state ID card dictates where you can vote. If you change your address on your driver’s license or State ID card, your address will automatically change on your voter registration.