Township board meetings take place the second Tuesday of the month, 7PM, at the community center.
April 13, 2021
May 11, 2021
June 8, 2021
July 13, 2021
August 10, 2021
September 14, 2021
October 12, 2021
November 9, 2021
December 14, 2021
January 11, 2022
February 8, 2022
March 8, 2022
April 12, 2022
May 10, 2022
June 14, 2022
July 12, 2022
August 9, 2022
September 13, 2022
October 11, 2022
November 15, 2022 ***
December 13, 2022
***November meeting is delayed one week due to election day.
January 10, 2023
February 14, 2023
March 14, 2023
April 11, 2023
Meetings are open to the public under Michigan’s Open Meetings Act.
The purpose of these meetings is to conduct the business of the township. We request your cooperation so we can complete the business at hand. The board members are interested in what you have to say and encourage audience participation during the Public Comment sessions at the beginning and end of every meeting. During discussion of issues, the Supervisor may also encourage your feedback. These proceedings are being digitally recorded for the purpose of preparing the minutes, your cooperation is needed to assure clear recording.
Rules for Audience participation during the meeting:
- Please keep to the topic and do not interject or detract from the subject.
- Please raise your hand and wait to be called upon.
- Direct your questions to the Board.
- Do not interrupt or interject when someone else is speaking.
- Please keep chit-chat to a whisper or step outside. The recording device picks up most sound in the room.
EXCERPT – MCL 15.263 – Meetings, decisions, and deliberations of public body; requirements; attending or addressing meeting of public body; tape-recording, videotaping, broadcasting, and telecasting proceedings; rules and regulations; exclusion from meeting; exemptions.
1. All meetings of a public body shall be open to the public and shall be held in a place available to the general public. All persons shall be permitted to attend any meeting except as otherwise provided in this act. The right of a person to attend a meeting of a public body includes the right to tape-record, to videotape, to broadcast live on radio, and to telecast live on television the proceedings of a public body at a public meeting. The exercise of this right shall not be dependent upon the prior approval of the public body. However, a public body may establish reasonable rules and regulations in order to minimize the possibility of disrupting the meeting.
5. A person shall be permitted to address a meeting of a public body under rules established and recorded by the public body.
6. A person shall not be excluded from a meeting otherwise open to the public except for a breach of the peace actually committed at the meeting.