Supervisor Report – September 11, 2018September 12, 2018 | Categorized in: Supervisor Report
- Weather over Labor Day weekend was wonderful for the 15th Annual Grand Marais Chamber of Commerce Triathlon. 54 people participated in the 300 yard swim, 13.7 mile bike ride, and 5k run. A big thank you to Ed and Karla Bowen and crew for making this event such a success!
- Gerou Excavating has officially started excavation for the new foundation and masonry work for the new addition to the park office. Things are moving right along on schedule.
- Marina bathhouse and fish cleaning station project is moving forward. A special electors meeting was called September 11 at 6:30pm to review total costs and ask electors permission to reallocate the remaining funds from Peoples State Bank line of credit, to be used for the Marina Bathhouse project after the Woodland Park water system has been completed. Electors approved the Boards request, so this project can move forward.
- Alger County 911 has now added the Smart 911 to their service. Sign up at Smart 911.com or pick up information in the Burt Township Office.
- The Township Board would like to welcome Heather Dobberstein to the office as Office Administrator. She comes to us with a Master’s Degree in Business Administration. We are very happy to have her!