May ReportMay 8, 2019 | Categorized in: Supervisor Report
1. Welcome Lou Lundquist to the Burt Township Board as a trustee. He will also be serving on the Planning Commission as the board liaison.
2. Recycling containers have been moved to the recycling center off M-77 and will continue through the summer months. The second and fourth Wednesdays of the month starting in June. May 15th will be the only date in May for recycling.
3. Coast Guard point parking area will be graded and graveled by the Alger County Road Commission in an effort to keep the area suitable for parking for all visitors.
4. Memorial Day is our Nations reminder that freedom is never free. It is a moment of reflection on the sacrifices of those who gave the last measure of devotion in service for our nation. On this day, we remember the fallen, we pray for a lasting peace, and we honor these guardians of our inalienable rights. Please take the time on Memorial Day at 11AM to honor our veterans. A luncheon will follow at 12PM at the Burt Township School. Everyone Welcome!
5. Burt Township was awarded grant /loan from rural development for the purchasing of a new ambulance. Total grant is $120,000 and a $35,000 loan from RDA as well- with a $60,000 contribution from the township. We have a very solid budget going forward and feel we can handle a loan payment. Total cost of the ambulance is $212,000.