Supervisor Report – April 9, 2019April 10, 2019 | Categorized in: Supervisor Report
1. Burt Township wrote a letter of support for the Riparian Restoration and Impact Management Project, which the Alger Conservation District is submitting to the ‘2019 Sustain Our Great Lakes Program.’ Our community relies on the integrity of its natural resources for the enjoyment of residents and tourists alike. Restoring the Baker Creek culvert will contribute to the health of the Sucker River, control waterway in Grand Marais and an important recreation site in our township. Identifying and removing invasive plants is key to maintain “Nature in Abundance,” which is not just the slogan of Grand Marais but also the reason we live and value this area.
2. Alger County Road Commission will be working with Burt Township again this year by grading and graveling the Coast Guard Point parking area and the Fisherman’s Memorial Parking Area.
3. Recycling will be April 17th from 9AM-NOON at the pole barn next to the community center. It will be moved back to the township property on M-77 just South of Wolf Creek in May (weather permitting.)
4. Community clean-up days are scheduled for June 14th & 15th 10AM-2PM on M-77.
5. April 5, 2019 we had our kick-off meeting for the starting of the Marina Bathrooms, shower and fish cleaning station. Starting date will be April 29th with a finish date of July 19th. Although, we all know how Mother Nature can take control. We are hopeful!